The December 2022 Community Day Event Features 2021 and 2022 Community Day Pokémon
Trainers all across the world are communicating with one another and meeting Pokémon in Raids and wild encounters for the Pokémon GO December 2022 Community Day event. This is the last Community Day event for 2022, since Niantic has disclosed dates for future events in January and February 2023.
You may participate in all event activities and meet prior featured Pokémon by completing Field Research objectives accessible in-game. This guide will walk you through all of the Field Research assignments and prizes available during the December 2022 Community Day event in Pokémon GO.
All Pokémon GO December 2022 Community Day Field Research Tasks & Rewards
Niantic, as promised, has made a few Field Research assignments accessible to accomplish during the December 2022 Community Day event. This event, which is now running till December 18th, 2022 at 5 p.m. local time, features all featured Pokémon from the 2021 and 2022 Community Day events.
These Field Research activities, like the Timed Research, will be offered to all Trainers worldwide for free on December 17, 2022, at 9 a.m. local time. During the Community Day event, you must spin the PokéStops to obtain a task before completing it and receiving its prize.
Let’s take a look at the Field Research assignments and awards available for the December 2022 Community Day event for Pokémon GO, as provided by prominent Pokémon source Leek Duck.
It’s worth noting that the initial Field Research objective was for Community Day-themed Pokémon; however, Leek Duck claims that it also covers Pokémon that arrive during the event. As previously stated, this makes it simpler for you to accomplish the objective and get encounters with the Pokémon, and all of these encounters may include Shiny variants of the specified Pokémon.
It also means you may take advantage of the event’s existing perks, with the exception of a handful accessible between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. local time*. We’ve listed the event incentives for the December 2022 Community Day event for Pokémon GO below:
- Double XP for catching Pokémon
- Double Stardust for catching Pokémon
- Double Candy for catching Pokémon
- Hatch Distance will be halved when Eggs are placed inside Incubators
- Double the chance to earn Candy XL from catching Pokémon for Trainers Level 31 and higher
- Lure Modules and Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) will be activated for the event and be available for three hours
- An additional Special Trade will be allowed for a maximum of two for this specific day (*)
- 50% less Stardust is required when making Trades (*)
In a developer blog post, Niantic has announced the dates for the forthcoming Community Day events in early 2023. Trainers may expect further information on the 7th of January 2023, as well as a Community Day Classic event on the 21st of January 2023, with the featured Pokémon still to be confirmed.
Familiar Pokémon, featured attacks, and event bonuses make for an eventful Community Day 2022 finale.
Trainers may capture fascinating Pokémon, collect plenty of Candy, teach their Pokémon highlighted moves without using an Elite TM, and profit from fantastic event benefits during Pokémon GO Community Days. On December 17 and 18, Pokémon GO’s December Community Day event will take all of those fantastic advantages to the next level by incorporating Pokémon from Community Days into 2021 and 2022. This implies that Trainers who missed a Community Day in the prior two years will have another opportunity to capture certain favorites.
The following event incentives will be available on December 17 and 18, 2022, from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. local time.
- 2× XP for catching Pokémon
- 2× Stardust for catching Pokémon
- 1/2 Hatch Distance for Eggs placed in Incubators during the event period
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon
- 2× chance for Trainers Level 31 and above to receive Candy XL for catching Pokémon
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours
- One additional Special Trade for a maximum of two per day
- Trades made during the event will require 50% less Stardust
Each day, a different Pokémon will come, so we hope you’ll join us both days! Trainers may meet the following Pokémon in the wild on December 17 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
- Alolan Sandshrew
- Alolan Geodude
Trainers may meet the following wild Pokémon the next day, December 18, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
- Galarian Zigzagoon
On any day, Trainers may come across Bulbasaur, Dratini, and/or Mudkip.
2 km Eggs will spawn Pokémon featured in 2021 Community Days. Get hatching to add the Pokémon listed below to your collection!
Of course, one of the finest elements of each Community Day is the chance to teach your Pokémon highlighted moves that would normally need the use of an Elite TM. Not one, not two, but 15 highlighted assaults will be presented during the December Community Day event! Evolve these Pokémon between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. local time on December 17 or 18 to learn the highlighted attacks listed below.
- Evolve Ivysaur to get a Venusaur that knows the Charged Attack Frenzy Plant
- Evolve Sandshrew to get a Sandslash that knows the Charged Attack Night Slash
- Evolve Alolan Sandshrew to get an Alolan Sandslash that knows the Fast Attack Shadow Claw
- Evolve Alolan Graveler to get an Alolan Golem that knows the Fast Attack Rollout
- Evolve Dragonair to get a Dragonite that knows the Charged Attack Draco Meteor
- Evolve Skiploom to get a Jumpluff that knows the Charged Attack Acrobatics
- Evolve Marshtomp to get a Swampert that knows the Charged Attack Hydro Cannon
- Evolve Sealeo to get a Walrein that knows the Fast Attack Powder Snow and the Charged Attack Icicle Spear
- Evolve Staravia to get a Staraptor that knows the Fast Attack Gust
- Evolve Boldore to get a Gigalith that knows the Charged Attack Meteor Beam
- Evolve Lampent to get a Chandelure that knows the Charged Attack Poltergeist
- Evolve Zweilous to get a Hydreigon that knows the Charged Attack Brutal Swing
- Evolve Stufful to get a Bewear that knows the Charged Attack Drain Punch
- Evolve Galarian Linoone to get an Obstagoon that knows the Charged Attack Obstruct
To get an Ursaluna with Charged Attack High Horsepower, develop Ursaring during a unique full moon. The full moon will be visible in the sky from December 17 at 2:00 p.m. to December 18 at 6:00 a.m., then again on December 18 from 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Trainers that compete in the GO Battle League should be aware that Draco Meteor, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, Icicle Spear, and Obstruct are all incredibly popular attacks. It’s certainly worth capturing and developing Pokémon with these moves if you want to rise up the rankings.
And if that wasn’t enough, the Community Day Special Research article December Community Day 2022 is available for US$100. (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency). You may finish the Special Research tale yourself, buy a ticket for a friend with whom you have a Friendship level of Great Friends or above, or do both! To present a ticket, go to the in-game store and touch the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
Trainers, have a great day at Community Day!
December 2022 Community Day: Previously featured Pokémon from 2022 and 2021 Community Days return!
The year is almost over, which means it’s time to reminisce on how much fun everyone had at this year’s Community Days! The last Community Day of 2022 will be held on Saturday, December 17, 2022, and Sunday, December 18, 2022.
Pokémon from Community Day events in 2022 will emerge more often in the wild and in Timed Research during the event. Pokémon from Community Day events will hatch from Eggs and appear in raids and Timed Research until 2021. There’s no better way to end the year than by collecting Pokémon from Community Day activities that you may have missed!
December 2022 Community Day
Saturday, December 17, 2022, and Sunday, December 18, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time.
Each event day—Saturday, December 17, 2022, and Sunday, December 18, 2022—will showcase a separate group of Pokémon from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. local time. The Pokémon that come during this period have the same chance of becoming Shiny as those that debuted during their original Community Days. Outside of these hours, any of the highlighted Pokémon may appear on Saturday or Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. local time!
On Saturday, December 17, 2022, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. local time, the following Pokémon will be showcased.
The following Pokémon will appear in raids.
The following Pokémon featured during Community Day events in 2021 will hatch from 2 km Eggs.
On Saturday, December 17, 2022, and Sunday, December 18, 2022, from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. local time, the following highlighted attacks will be accessible when evolving to the following Pokémon, with the exception of Ursaluna.
Community Day Special Research story: December Community Day 2022
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the December Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, December Community Day 2022.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
The tickets are not refundable (subject to applicable law and the exceptions set forth in the Terms of Service). Please keep in mind that this Special Research will not come with an in-game medal.
*Some limitations apply. If the recipient has previously bought or been given a Special Research ticket, gifting cannot be accomplished.
Timed Research leading to encounters with Pokémon featured in previous Community Days in 2021 and 2022 will be available.
2022 Community Day stickers may be obtained via spinning PokéStops, opening Gifts, and buying them from the in-game store.
When playing Pokémon GO, please be cautious of your surroundings and obey local health authorities’ rules. Future events are subject to change. To keep up to date, follow us on social media, sign up for push alerts, and subscribe to our emails.
—The Pokémon GO team
Get ready for the final #PokemonGOCommunityDay of 2022!
Here comes the cast of the final #PokemonGOCommunityDay of 2022! 🎉
Prepare for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet all of the Community Day Pokémon from 2021 and 2022 on Saturday, December 17, and Sunday, December 18, from 2 to 5 p.m.! Are you interested?
Enjoy This December 2022 Community Day!
Source: Official Pokémon GO blog