In Pokémon GO, the Earth Day 2019 event prizes have been unlocked. To that purpose, over 14 individuals from all around the globe took part in the event (with 000 required). Most significantly, we are all working together to help clean up our lovely globe and the environment.
Even though Earth Day has come and gone, we should not lose sight of the planet's purity.
Details and awards for Earth Day 2019
- The event starts on April 29, 2019 at 13:00 (GMT -7);
- The event ends on May 2, 2019 at 13:00 (GMT -7);
- The spawn of earthen Pokémon will increase;
- There will be a chance to catch Shiny Diglett;
- Groudon will appear in raids;
- Stardust doubled;
- Doubled Candy Catch
- Doubled bonuses apply only to Pokémon participating in this event.
Spawn Pokémon on Earth Day
We have prepared a list of Pokémon that will most often be found on the map during the event.
|Diglett – Diglett||Geodude – Geodude|
|Sandshrew – Sandshrew||Cubone – Cubon|
|Rhyhorn – Rhyhorn||Onix – Onyx|
|Gligar – Gliger||Baltoy – Baltoy|
|Phanpy – Fanpy||Trapinch – Trapinch|
Moreover, alola forms are available. When these Pokémon meet, their evolutions will also be available for collection.
Legendary boss Groudon will take part in raid encounters of varying difficulty levels.
The 2019 Earth Day benefits will be available for just three days. Since Pokemon GO events are limited in duration, make the most of them.
To celebrate environmental awareness, you’ll find more Ground-type Pokémon in the wild, have the chance to battle Groudon, and maybe even catch yourself a Shiny Diglett.
Earth Day, the annual eco-friendly celebration, came and went, and Pokémon GO Niantic urged users to participate in raising environmental awareness. As a reward for everyone's efforts, an unique Earth Day event has been unlocked for the whole Pokémon GO community.
From Monday, April 29, 2019, from 1:00 p.m. PDT through Thursday, May 2, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT, “earthy” Pokémon will be the focus of attention as Ground-type Pokémon become increasingly common in the wild. If you're fortunate, you could even come across a Shiny Diglett! During the event, the Legendary Ground-type Pokémon Groudon will also appear in raids. Moreover, every Ground-type Pokémon you capture during this Earth Day event will provide you double the amount of Stardust and Candy!
It's a great time to go outside and enjoy our lovely world. Go go on a stroll, Trainers, and capture a lot of Ground-type Pokémon!
Trainers, Niantic has officially confirmed Groudon as a Raid Boss for the Earth Day event in Pokemon Go if a certain job – the 7k challenge – is achieved. Also, as a reward, don't forget about the 2x Stardust/Candy, new Shiny Pokemon, Groudon as a Raid Boss, and enhanced spawn rate of Ground Type Pokemon!
Previous Article 3/26/2019: Pokemon Go Trainers, are you ready for a new Environment Day event at the end of April? I'm sure I am!
In April, Niantic revealed a new Earth Day event in Pokemon Go, but there is something that Pokemon Go players must accomplish in order for this event to take place. – sign up for the event, Help clean up the environment, collaborate, and win new, exciting prizes in Pokemon Go. Isn't it simple?
Here are the details:
- If 2,000 players attend and cleanup, global rewards will be: Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokemon
- If 5,000 players attend and cleanup, global rewards will be: Shiny Diglett + Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokemon
- If 7,000 players attend and cleanup, global rewards will be: 2x Stardust and Candy for Event Spawns/Groudon in Raids + Shiny Diglett + Increased appearances of Ground-type Pokemon
- Event Dates: April 13-28. Bonuses to be unlocked within a 48-hour window from the end of the Earth Day Campaign
For comparison, see Pokémon the Normal and Shiny forms of Diglett and Dugtrio below.
Join up for the event, enjoy the awesome prizes, and help save the world!
Keep yourself safe when hunting pocket Monsters. 🙂