Eggstravaganza 2018 Event is Here!
With the recent release of Pokemon Go’s next event, the Easter Eggstravaganza, we produced a straightforward and easy-to-follow guide on how to optimize the advantages of this event, with a particular emphasis on Stardust acquisition. If you’re not acquainted with the whole thing, you can learn more about it on My Website. Here’s a rundown of what happened:
- Several new shiny Pokemon are expected to be available in Eggstravganza eggs (see table below)
- Lasts for 12 days, starting March 22 through April 2 2018.
- Double Stardust throughout the event, more Candy from Egg Hatches and new boxes in the shop featuring Super Incubators.
- 2 KM Eggs can hatch a wider variety of Pokemon (from the 5KM and 10KM egg pool.)
|Name||Pokémon GO Eggstravaganza Event|
|Description||The Pokémon GO Eggstravaganza Returns for More Hatching Excitement!|
|Start date||March 22 1:00 P.M. PDT|
|End date||April 2 1:00 P.M. PDT|
Eggstravaganza new shiny Pokemon
Prior to the event, the following shiny Pokemon were introduced and discovered in network traffic. We anticipate that they will be accessible as event hatches and eventually in the wild (where applicable).
Understanding Stardust gains during the Eggstravaganza
During the Eggstravaganza, every activity that produces stardust will produce twice as much.
Additionally, any other stardust gain buffs stack with this one, thus with a Star Piece active during the Eggstravaganza event, you will get three (3) times the standard amount of Stardust.
With this in mind, we can calculate the optimum approach for obtaining the most stardust throughout the event.
Get the most Stardust from your existing eggs
- Stock up on Incubators, make sure you have 9 Eggs in incubators before the event.
- Walk until majority of your Eggs are close to hatch
- Stop and wait for the event to start (01:00 P.M PDT March 22)
- Activate a Star Piece
- Walk abit further and hatch your existing eggs and benefit from 3 x Stardust and a clear inventory to grab as many “Special 2KM” eggs as possible.
After the Eggstravaganza starts
- Acquire Star Pieces and keep them activated whenever an egg is close to hatching.
- Walk and Catch. The event states “double Stardust through-out the event” Which means bonus stardust for catching as well as hatching.
- Rinse and repeat, buy new Incubators in the process (if you have the funds.)
- Don’t forget to feed your team-mates Pokemon in gyms for boosted stardust (easiest one to forget about!)
The following table illustrates the Stardust gains during the event:
|Action||Normal||Event||Event + Star Piece|
|(Existing) 5KM Hatch||800-1600||1600-3200||2400-3200|
|(Existing) 10KM Hatch||1600-3200||3200-6400||4800-9600|
|Feed Gym Pokemon||20||40||60|
|7-Day Catch Streak||3000||6000||9000|
|Catch Pokemon (Base Evolution)||100||200||300|
|Catch Pokemon (1st Evolution)||300||600||900|
|Catch Pokemon (2nd Evolution)||500||1000||1500|
|Regular Daily Catch Bonus||600||1200||1800|
Strangely, this chart shows that all means of obtaining Stardust during the event are possible, but obviously hatching 9 existing 10KM eggs with a Star Piece as soon as the event begins would provide a massive quantity of dust. You should keep your current Eggs and get them as near to hatching as feasible.
Eggstravaganza + Community Day
On March 25th, this event will overlap with the Bulbasaur Community Day. This implies that you will gain 3X catch XP for Bulbasaur in addition to double (or 3x with a star piece) Stardust (or 6x with a lucky egg.)
Eggstravaganza 2018 Announcement
It’s time to get cracking on a special Egg event! The Pokémon GO Eggstravaganza is coming back on March 22 at 1:00 p.m. PDT, and this time you’ll have even more chances to hatch certain Pokémon!
This year, an even greater variety of Pokémon will be found in 2 km Eggs, and only those Eggs will be available from PokéStops throughout the event! This means that Pokémon that normally hatch from 5 km or 10 km Eggs, such as Wynaut or Ralts, will be found in 2 km Eggs until the event ends on April 2 at 1:00 p.m. PDT. There will also be an increased hatch rate of certain Pokémon, such as Pichu and Togepi.
Your eggs-traordinary efforts will bring rewards! Every Egg hatched during the event will also include bonus Candy to help you power up your newly hatched Pokémon. Additionally, double Stardust is available throughout the event.
The in-game shop also has special boxes to help you get the most out of hatching your Eggs, which include Super Incubators and Star Pieces. So lace up your shoes and prepare for this egg-citing event!
—The Pokémon GO team
How does ‘double Stardust’ break down?
Think of it like having a Star Piece running, but even better — 200% instead of 150%. Here’s what that looks like:
- 40 Stardust per Berry fed to a friendly Pokémon on a Gym.
- 200 Stardust per base-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 600 Stardust per base-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 1000 Stardust per base-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 1000 Stardust per Raid Boss beaten.
- 1200 Stardust for each Daily Catch Bonus.
- 6000 Stardust for the 7-day Weekly Catch Bonus.
- 800-1600 Stardust per KM Egg hatched.
- 1600-3200 Stardust per 5 KM Egg hatched.
- 3200-6400 Stardust per 10 KM Egg hatched.
Can you add a Star Piece as well for triple Stardust?
You can! And you’ll get 3x on your Stardust for the 30 min. duration of the Star Piece! That works out to:
- 60 Stardust per Berry fed to a friendly Pokémon on a Gym.
- 300 Stardust per base-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 900 Stardust per base-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 1000 Stardust per base-level Pokémon caught in the wild.
- 1500 Stardust per Raid Boss beaten.
- 1800 Stardust for each Daily Catch Bonus.
- 9000 Stardust for the 7-day Weekly Catch Bonus.
- 1200-2400 Stardust per KM Egg hatched.
- 2400-4800 Stardust per 5 KM Egg hatched.
- 4800-9600 Stardust per 10 KM Egg hatched.
What about the extra candy for egg hatches?
It looks like it might be doubled. If that’s the case, we’re looking at:
- 10 to 30 Candies per 2 KM Egg hatched.
- 20 to 42 Candies per 5 KM Egg hatched.
- 32 to 64 Candies per 10 KM Egg hatched.
Is there also double candy for transfers or catches or anything else?
Unfortunately, no. This time, just for egg hatching.
So, basically, the best time to power up Pokémon?
Yes, if you have Pokémon worth leveling up!
What does a ‘greater variety of Pokémon can now be found in 2 km Eggs’ mean?
That implies that certain Pokémon that previously hatched from 10 or 5 kilometer eggs will now hatch from a 2 kilometer egg.
Hence, instead of walking 5 or 10 kilometers to hatch a Pokémon, you just have to go 2 kilometers.
Is it true – Shiny Pokémon Babies??
That is correct! Shiny Pokémon Babies may now hatch from 2 KM eggs. They are, however, still very uncommon. Thus the only recipe for success is chance over time.
Does this affect old Pokémon Go Eggs you already have or only new ones you get during the event?
You’ll earn double sweets whenever you hatch any Pokémon Egg, old or new. But, you will only receive the “greater variety” or sparkling infants in fresh eggs. Everything about a Pokémon Go Egg, including what’s inside, is decided at the time you get it.